The Hot Dog Booklet has a front and back cover and six pages inside. You can use any size paper. For a book from recycled materials, use the front panel of a grocery bag or any piece of paper with writing on only one side. The writing should be on the inside when you make the first fold. To make multiple copies of a book, make a blank book with plain copy paper (no writing on either side). Write and illustrate your book with black marker or pen. Open the sheet and lay it face down on a copier. Make as many copies as you want. Fold and cut each one.
1. Fold the paper in half the long way, like a hot dog.
2. Open the paper and fold it in half the short way, like a hamburger.
3. Take one layer of paper, flip the edge back to meet the fold, and crease.
4. Turn the paper over, flip the edge of the paper back to meet the fold, and crease.
5. Place the paper on the table so that you see a W when you look at the end.
6. Cut the center of the W along the center fold. You'll be cutting through two layers of paper and stopping at the cross fold.
7. With your wrists above your fingers, hold the two halves of the hot dog from the top.
8. Turn your wrists to the sides. You will have an open book with four sections.
9. Bring three of the sections together. Fold the last section on top of the other three so that you have a flat book.